Wednesday, January 7, 2009


Tripp. Or Christopher Tripp Sheppard. He'll be 13 in March. And OMG! You have no idea! That boy gives me a run for my money every day! What can I say, Tripp is an all A student. He excells in sports. Any kind of sport. But his love is soccer. Somedays, I think he could take it or leave it. Other days, I think he only keeps playing to please his daddy. Tripp is not a "sharer" if that's a word. He doesn't openly express his feelings...good or bad! He is one of those that will bottle it all up and then explode on you when you least expect it. I believe that his love for his mom and his little heart wanting her in his life daily...is the only wedge between us. Tripp is most likely the only one of my 5 kids that will ~on his own~ make or buy me a Mother's Day Card. He is the only one that will use his own money and his own heart to pick out something for me that he thinks I will like. And he does it without expecting anything in return. He will give things to me that I know he really wanted to give his mom. And knowing that is so bittersweet. Most of the time, I will simply tell him that I'll hold on to it and enjoy it until he can see his mom to give it to her. I always see the relief in his face. I never, ever want to make those boys feel obligated to love me. I just pray that they see how much love I have for them and it I hope it makes their time in our home a little easier! Love you Tripp!

No comments:

Post a Comment