Wednesday, January 7, 2009


Taylor Marie Sheppard. Named after my brother, My great grandmother and me. She is 2 minutes older than Tate...but she thinks she's the boss of everyone in the house! (truth be told, she is) My 5 year old ONLY girl is more than beautiful. Taylor is Amazing! She is completely deaf and the proud owner of bilateral cochlear implants. My little girl couldn't hear it thunder for the 1st year of her life. She had no idea what my voice sounded like as I sang to her when I was rocking her. (that was probably a blessing) She had no idea what running water sounded like or music. Talk about overcoming an obstacle! Not only can she hear the music now...she knows the words and she can sing along! And when it thunders...well, she wants to know what piece of furniture God is moving around in Heaven! My only daughter has taught me patience. It is amazing to watch her read a little book. It is incredible to hear her say, "I love you Mommy!" Just 5 short years ago, I thought we'd all have to learn sign language. I never imagined she'd be learning to listen, speak and have real conversations. Taylor loves to hunt with her daddy and put on nail polish with me. Watch out world...she's comin up!

No comments:

Post a Comment